Medtronic Grant Host Application Report
Host Name: Paul T. Rubery, Jr.
Host State: NY
Host Email: Paul_Rubery@URMC.Rochester.edu
Site Name: University of Rochester
Site Email: email@example.com
Host Desc: 1. Opportunity to observe adult and pediatric deformity as well cervical/lumbar degenerative conditions and spine trauma/spinal cord injury
2. Clinical coordinators support, statistician support, basic science core facilities in histology, micro-CT and biomedical engineering (see supporting documents)
3. Spine fellow and resident support available as well as medical students
4. 2 to 3 days in OR, 2 days in clinic
Research Opportunities: 1. Role of BMP signalling pathways in degenerative disc disease
2. Use of national databases to study trends in surgical management of spinal conditions or syndromes.
3. Institutional database to study surgical outcomes of spine trauma
4. Natural history studies on surgical management of AIS