SRS Endorsed Programs
SRS Global Outreach Mission Programs are medical mission programs that provide spinal deformity care to individuals of all ages in fulfillment of our mission statement. This may be in the form of service, education, and research.
These sites should meet certain criteria, or aspire to do so in a timely fashion.
- Site director should be SRS member (all categories).
- The Site Director should seek GOP Endorsed Program status via application (Word).
- The Site Director has the responsibility of completing supporting documents such as the Site Assessment Form and Trip Report Form for each site, and after each visit.
- Site Directors should demonstrate a willingness to report surgical cases to SRS M&M; should demonstrate a willingness to utilize the FOCOS database on all surgical cases performed under the Director's care; be willing to contribute to and participate in GOP research protocols when it is appropriate to do so.
- Site Director has the responsibility of maximizing the safety of spinal deformity surgeries performed under their care. This should include the intent to explore/utilize spinal cord monitoring in all deformity cases when possible.
- The Site Director has the responsibility of procuring/maintaining an independent funding mechanism for their site. Each Site Director should apply ethical and sound accounting principles in all financial dealings related to their site.
- SRS GOP committee will review sites on a yearly basis and maintain a list of active and dormant sites.