|Abstract Submission Open||November 1, 2013|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||February 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST|
|Registration Open||April 15, 2014|
|Housing Open||April 15, 2014|
|Abstract Notification||April 15, 2014 (IMAST notification – April 1)|
|Housing Deadline||August 2014|
|Advance Registration Deadline||August 15, 2014|
The Scoliosis Research Society Annual Meeting & Course is a forum for the realization of the Society's mission and goals, to foster the optimal care of all patients with spinal deformities. Presentations at the Annual Meeting & Course are given by leading experts in the field and have value for health care professionals who treat spinal deformities at all levels and in all ages. Over 125 papers will be presented on an array of topics, including adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, growing spine, kyphosis, adult deformity, trauma, neuromuscular scoliosis and tumors.
- Held in the US, and outside the US every third year
- Approximately 1,300 attendees
- The latest and greatest scientific research, methods and techniques in spinal deformity
- 2.5 - day program plus Pre-Meeting Course, including podium papers, Half-Day Courses, Lunchtime Symposiums and E-Posters.
- Podium presentations are 4 minutes in length
- Minimum 2-year follow-up required for abstract submissions, except those submitted to the Innovative Methods category
Business casual attire (collared shirts, and jeans or khakis) are appropriate for Annual Meeting & Course sessions; ties are not required. Casual attire is recommended for the Course Reception.
49th Annual Meeting & Course Mobile App
A mobile and online app will be available to all delegates during the 49th Annual Meeting & Course. The app is designed to provide all the information about the Annual Meeting & Course and Anchorage in one convenient location and can be accessed from any smart phone or computer with an internet connection. To download the app visit
or scan the QR code below with your smart phone.
• Download all the abstracts and final program right from the app!
• An offline mode will allow delegates to access all static content, including the agenda, speaker listing and info booth, on the app without an internet connection.
• A detailed Annual Meeting agenda that allows delegates to create a personalized schedule.
• An information booth featuring everything you need to know about the Annual Meeting & Course, and its host city of Anchorage, including scientific and social program details, information on the Dena’ina Center, as well as downtown Anchorage dining and attractions.
• Live audience polls during the Pre-Meeting Course, Half-Day Course and a Hibbs Award voting poll on Friday, September 12.
• Maps of the Dena’ina Center and meeting space.
• An alert system for real-time updates from SRS - program changes, tour and social event notifications, and breaking news as it happens.
• A complete list of Annual Meeting faculty and podium presenters, including presentation titles, times, dates and locations.