- CME & Membership
- Virtual Meeting Access
- Affiliate Meeting Space
What is the Annual Meeting?
The Scoliosis Research Society's Annual Meeting is a form for the realization of the Society's mission and goals, the improvement of patient care for those with spinal deformities. Presentations at the Annual Meeting are given by leading experts in the field and have value for health care professionals who treat spinal deformities at all levels and in all ages. Four minute Abstracts will be presented on an array of topics, including adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, growing spine, kyphosis, adult deformity, trauma, neuromuscular scoliosis and tumors.
What is appropriate attire for the meeting?
Business casual attire (collared shirts, and jeans or khakis) is appropriate for Annual Meeting sessions. Cocktail attire is recommended for the Farewell Reception on Friday evening.
Who can attend the Annual Meeting?
Presentations at the Annual Meeting will have value for physicians and allied health personnel who treat spinal deformities at all levels and patients of all ages. Medical students, residents, fellows, and researchers with an interest in spinal deformities will also benefit from the materials presented.
What language is spoken at the Annual Meeting?
Presentations and meeting materials will be provided in English.
Where is the Annual Meeting?
The 56th Annual Meeting will be held live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. The Annual Meeting will also include a virtual component where delegates will be able to enjoy the Annual Meeting from an offsite location.
What does it mean to be a hybrid meeting?
The 56th Annual Meeting will be a hybrid event which includes both an in-person program live from the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch in Missouri, USA as well as a virtual component where delegates are able to enjoy the Annual Meeting from the comfort of their home or office.
What are the COVID-19 safety protocols in place for this meeting?
To ensure the safety and well-being of attendees at the 56th Annual Meeting, the following safety protocols will be in place.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue.
- Registration material pick-up lines will be regulated to allow for physical distancing.
- Physical distancing will be required, and additional signage including floor decals will be placed throughout to help attendees gauge their distance.
- High standards of cleanliness will be enforced and all high-touch surfaces like windows, railings, and restrooms will be continuously cleaned.
- Session rooms will be cleaned before the first session of the day and in between sessions.
- Face masks will be required at all times while at the meeting venue.
We recommend that only those who have received and completed their vaccinations for COVID-19 should consider attending the meeting in-person. We encourage anyone planning to attend the SRS Annual Meeting in-person to review the Considerations for Attending the SRS Annual Meeting In-Person posted on the Annual Meeting registration webpage.
What kind of mask should I wear while onsite at the 56th Annual Meeting?
People should wear masks that completely cover the mouth and nose and fits snugly against the sides of the face. For more information about masks, see CDC’s Your Guide to Masks webpage.
What can I do at the meeting to stay safe?
- Stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from other attendees and meeting staff. Pay attention to any physical guides, such as tape markings on floors or signs on walls, directing attendees to remain at least 6 feet apart from each other.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times while at the meeting venue.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
What is the deadline to submit an abstract?
The deadline to submit an abstract is February 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). Only abstracts submitted online by the deadline will be considered, no exceptions will be made.
Please see the Abstracts tab for more information.
How do I register for the Annual Meeting?
Registration for the 56th Annual Meeting will open on May 20, 2021 for SRS Members and Annual Meeting Speakers and Faculty. In-person registration will be available for non-members beginning July 1, 2021. Online registration is encouraged. Please view the Registration Page for registration options and rates.
How Long will registration be open?
In-Person meeting registration will close on August 20, 2021 or when all onsite registration spots are filled. Virtual-only registration will be open throughout the duration of virtual meeting access, closing on December 31, 2021.
What if in-person registrations sells out before I am able to register?
If in-person registration sells out before you are able to register, you can be added to the in-person registration waiting list by registering for the virtual only registration option and selecting to be included on the in-person registration wait list. If an in-person registration spot becomes available, SRS staff will contact you to change your registration. The in-person registration waitlist will be first come/first serve by date of registration. Registering for the virtual meeting is the only way to be added to the in-person registration waitlist. Virtual meeting registration cannot be cancelled/refunded if you do not receive an in-person registration spot.
How do I receive the reduced resident/fellow/medical student registration rate?
To register as a resident, fellow or medical student you will need to select "Other" when you are asked what is your specialty/practice during the online registration process. Selecting "Other" will allow you to receive the reduced resident/fellow/medical student registration rate.
How do I receive the Reduced Rate Country Registration rate?
Individuals residing in the countries listed at the link above qualify for reduced registration rates. When registering online, delegates will automatically be placed in the correct registration class based on the details collected during sign-in process.
Can I pay for my registration by Wire Transfer?
Please contact SRS at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on payment options.
How do I register multiple people to the Annual Meeting?
For information on registering a group of five (5) individuals or more, please email SRS at email@example.com.
How do I obtain an invitation letter to attend the Annual Meeting in-person?
Only participants registered for the in-person meeting can obtain a personal invitation letter. Individuals that require an invitation letter to obtain a visa in order to attend the meeting must:
- Register for the in-person meeting.
- Request a Letter of Invitation by emailing the information below to the SRS Meetings Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full Name and Designation
- Passport Number (only if required)
SRS cannot assist participants with the visa application process and cannot intervene with embassies or consulates on behalf of participants. The letter of invitation does not financially obligate the Scoliosis Research Society in any way. Please see the Travel page for more information on invitation letters to obtain a visa.
What is the meeting registration cancellation and refund policy?
Full refunds, less a 10% processing fee, will be granted for the cancellation of in-person or virtual only meeting registration, if received in writing within 48-hours from the time of registration. After 48-hours, in-person registration may only be reduced to virtual only registration and virtual only registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you wish to change your in-person registration to virtual only registration, SRS will grant a full refund, less the difference of the virtual only registration rate. No refunds will be granted after August 20, 2021. Cancellation and refund requests should be sent in writing via email to email@example.com or faxed to 414-276-3349. Delegates will receive a confirmation and refund within 14 days of receipt of their cancellation notice.
Where is the headquarters Hotel?
The headquarters hotel and meeting venue is the Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch, located at 315 Chestnut Street, St. Louis, Missouri, US, 63102
Where do I reserve housing? What is the room rate?
Please visit the Housing tab of this website for information about the headquarter hotel, room rates, and to reserve a room within the SRS hotel block.
How do I get my CME Certificate
To claim CME and download attendance certificates, go to the CME webpage and sign in with your last (family) name and your SRS ID#. You will need to indicate the sessions you attended and then a PDF certificate will be generated for you to download and print. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Does virtual attendance count towards my SRS Membership meeting attendance requirement?
Yes, participation in the virtual Annual Meeting will count towards your SRS Membership meeting attendance requirement. In order for it to count, you must review all Annual Meeting on-demand content.
How do I access the Virtual Meeting?
- Click here.
- Select "I have an account on the SRS website", enter your username and password, and click "Continue" to proceed.
- Under "My Courses" select the 56th Annual Meeting virtual offering. If you do not see the 56th Annual Meeting listed under "My Courses", please see the registration page for instructions on how to complete your registration.
Once you enter the virtual meeting, you will be greeted with the Welcome Widget for a quick introduction on how to navigate the online meeting portal. If you have questions on how to navigate the online meeting portal, please contact the SRS Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All affiliate function requests need to be submitted online. Click here for the online Affiliate Space Request Form.
Once approved, SRS will handle all space requests on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests must go through the online approval process before space will be granted.
Please remember the following guidelines when requesting space for an affiliate function:
- No entertainment functions, meetings, courses or social functions involving surgeon delegates may be scheduled to conflict with SRS meeting program hours, activity hours, exhibit hours or social events. Internal corporate meetings involving supporter or affiliate organization staff only are exempt from this limitation.
- Entertainment and social functions must be in good taste and conform to the purpose of the meeting, as well as complying with all AdvaMed guidelines governing interaction with physicians.
- SRS should be notified in writing of any special activities (whether entertainment, education or promotional in nature) planned by an affiliated company for the period during which SRS meeting function occur.
- Announcements and invitations addressed to members of the medical profession concerning such industry events should clearly indicate the name of the corporate support and must in no manner imply directly or indirectly that the event is part of, or an official activity of, SRS.
- Attendee lists provided by SRS to Corporate Supporters, either as part of the Benefits of Support outlined in the Corporate Support Program are intended for a one-time, meeting-related use only. All announcements and invitations addressed to SRS meeting delegates should be pre-approved by SRS.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Scoliosis Research Society
555 E. Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202