SRS is moving forward with preparations for the in-person Annual Meeting in St. Louis, Missouri in September as planned. We aware of the continued concerns and uncertainties related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and our top priority is the health, safety, and security of our meeting attendees. We strongly encourage everyone planning to attend the SRS Annual Meeting in-person, whether vaccinated or not, to review the following information.
Considerations for Attending the SRS Annual Meeting in Person
- Gatherings with more than 250 people offer more opportunities for person-to-person contact and therefore pose greater risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Person-to-person spread is most likely to occur within close contact of six feet or less, while we have taken precautions to limit close contact between attendees, this is still a risk.
- Older adults and people with pre-existing conditions are considered to be at higher risk of more serious illness after contracting COVID-19.
- We encourage you to review the CDC’s list of people who are at higher risk and know your level of risk: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
- Please review the CDC’s Consideration for Travelers within the US to determine your level of risk for getting infected and/or spreading COVID-19: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
- If you are traveling from an area with high community transmission, even if you do not have symptoms, you can spread COVID-19 to others while traveling.
- Do you live with someone who is more likely to get very ill from COVID-19? If you get infected while traveling you can spread COVID-19 to loved ones when you return, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- Be aware of your any policies in place at your institution, state, or local government as some may require people who have recently traveled to stay home for 14 days.
- Please review the CDC’s list of Travelers Prohibited from Entry to the United States: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html