To view information from past courses, please click here
The Spinal Deformity: Hands-On Course in Nijmegen expands the knowledge and improves skills through training and discussions with leading spinal deformity surgeons from throughout the world. Small-group interaction fostered learning, and hands-on work.
Participants will have hands-on experience with the following techniques:
- Thoracolumbar Open and Minimally Invasive Posterior Techniques
- Osteotomies and Pelvic Fixation
- Cervical Deformity: Indications, Approach, and Execution
- Anterior and Lateral Approach – Thoracic & Lumbar Spine
Review the full program for more information
Post-class surveys found 100% of attendees would recommend the program to peers. “First of all the mentors were very humble and down to earth. The ease with which they communicated with us was remarkable. Also I felt they were equally engaged and eager to teach us. The facilities, cadavers and instrumentation were top notch.”
Registration and Fireside Chat Case Discussions
Faculty Club, Huize Heyendael
Lecture Sessions and Practical Exercises
More information coming soon.
The SRS hands-on courses provide an opportunity for participants to expand their knowledge and improve their skills through training and discussions with leading spinal deformity surgeons from throughout the world. Registration will be limited to ensure access to faculty, small-group interaction for better learning, and opportunities for hands-on work. A minimum of eight hours of the course will be devoted to lab work, with a strong faculty-to-learner ratio. Topics and lab sessions will cover all areas of the spine and a variety of conditions and techniques. The intimate learning theme will begin on night one with small group “Fireside Chats” with faculty and will proceed to presentations, video demonstrations and lab rotations on day 2 and 3.
For residents, fellows and orthopaedic and neurosurgeons who have an interest in and are involved in spinal deformity management and treatment.
As a result of participating in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify appropriate options for cervical and adult deformity reconstruction
- Employ techniques to avoid complications in spinal deformity surgery
- Develop skills in complex cervical deformity correction
- Identify the appropriate indications for the use of spinopelvic instrumentation
- Demonstrate skills for the correct placement of spinopelvic instrumentation
- Integrate techniques for posterior and anterior lumbo-sacral deformity corrections
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for performing basic and complex spinal osteotomies
The Spine Deformity Solutions courses will be presented in English.
Please contact the SRS Meetings Team at email@example.com or +1 414-289-9107 with questions.