The Research Grant Committee feels the following topics are important areas for research. This list is not all-inclusive and should not deter other areas of spinal pathology research.
- Idiopathic scoliosis
- Non-op and operative treatment
- 3D deformity of the spine and thorax
- Adult deformity
- Treatment and outcomes
- Osteoporotic spine fractures
- how it impacts scoliosis kyphosis management
- how it relates to spinal deformity and instrumentation
- Early onset scoliosis treatment
- Sagittal imbalance
- Congenital scoliosis
- Neuromuscular spinal deformity
- Deformity and reconstruction arising from spine and sacral tumor treatment
- Thoracic insufficiency children associated with spinal deformity
- Pulmonary outcome sequeallae following common natural history of spine deformity and treatment history.