National Scoliosis Awareness Month Campaign Materials
- Social Media Tools
- Social Media Profile Picture
- Social Media Cover Photo
- Create your own Scoliosis Awareness Month Facebook fundraiser to support scoliosis research
- Speak up for Scoliosis Bubble Poster
- Speak up for Scoliosis Spine Poster
- Outreach Event and Media Toolkit
- Speak Up for Scoliosis press release
- Submit an event to the SRS Patients Calendar
National Scoliosis Awareness Month takes place yearly in June with the goal to highlight the growing need for public education, early detection and awareness about scoliosis and its prevalence within the community. The campaign also unites scoliosis patients, families, physicians, clinicians, institutions and related businesses in collaborative partnerships of local activities, events and grassroots networking throughout the month.
National Scoliosis Awareness Month Campaign Objectives:
- Using the results from the BrAIST Study, highlight the importance of early detection and the effectiveness of bracing as early, non-operative care. To read more on the BrAIST study results, click here.
- To have every state, district and commonwealth to officially declare by proclamation their observance of National Scoliosis Awareness Month during the month of June.
- Increase public awareness of scoliosis and related spinal conditions through educational and advocacy campaigns of local activities, and community events during the month of June and throughout year.
- Unite scoliosis patients, families, physicians, and clinicians in a collaborative partnership that educate, and advocate, for patient care, patient screening, patient privacy, and patient protection
- Build networks of community collaborations and alliances to help sustain and grow the campaign
Help Support the National Scoliosis Awareness Month Campaign
Every year, SRS sends requests to all US governors asking them to proclaim June as National Scoliosis Awareness Month. SRS invites all scoliosis patients, family members and advocates to support this request by sending in their own letters of support. You can use this link to the National Governors Association (NGA) to find the name and contact information to send your letter to your state’s governor.
Thank you helping to support the National Scoliosis Awareness Month Campaign!