The Scoliosis Research Society spans a nearly 60-year history of research, advocacy, education and innovation in the field of spinal research and surgery. But this year marked yet another milestone in one of the oldest and most influential spinal societies in the world – the first woman president.
On Saturday, September 17, at the society’s 57Th Annual Meeting in Stockholm, Sweden, Dr. Serena Hu accepted her role as president.
It is my goal, my honor and my duty to carry on the good work begun by our past presidents,” said Dr. Hu. ““I remember as a resident seeing how valued this society has been to its members and the patients we serve, and how important it was to me to contribute in ways so that I might be selected to be a member.”
Listen to the latest episode of Scoliosis Dialogues: An SRS Podcast, Episode 46, an interview SRS President, 2022-23.
Dr. Hu steps into a leadership role on a board filled with prestigious members, spanning the globe from Europe, Asia, Canada and South America. The SRS is pleased to present the 2022-2023 Board of Directors:
- Serena S. Hu, MD, President
- Marinus de Kleuver, MD, PhD, President Elect
- Laurel C. Blakemore, MD, Vice President
- David Skaggs, MD, MMM, Treasurer
- Ferran Pellise, MD, PhD, Secretary
- Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD, Past President I
- Muharrem Yazici, MD, Past President II
- Ron El-Hawary, MD, Communication Council Chair
- Douglas C. Burton, MD, Research Council Chair
- Munish C. Gupta, MD, Education Council Chair
- Evalina Burger, MD, Director at Large
- Khaled Kebaish, MD, Director at Large
- Michael Kelly, MD, Director at Large
- Lindsay Andras, MD, Director at Large
- Firoz Miyanji, MD, FRCSC, Director at Large
- Kota Watanabe, MD, PhD, Director at Large
About Scoliosis Research Society
The Scoliosis Research Society is a non-profit, professional organization, made up of physicians and allied health personnel. Our primary focus is on providing continuing medical education for health care professionals and on funding/supporting research in spinal deformities. Founded in 1966, SRS has gained recognition as the world's premier spine deformity society. Please visit www.srs.org for further information. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.